Friday, April 8, 2016

I am a Child of God By Elder Donald L. Hallstrom

I am a Child of God
By Elder Donald L. Hallstrom
Of the Presidency of the Seventy

Elder Holland said, “You can have what you want, or you can have something better.”

We are moving, and though physically I've worked so hard to get house on the market, emotionally I've been kicking my feet. I don't really want to move, I like my house and at least 16 potential buyers do not, at least not enough to buy it. I guess 10 liked it but went other ways. While probably 6 did not like it. So I like my house, I like where I live. I like the mountains. Etc etc
This would be what I want.
But I guess since the answers to prayer and fasting have been to move at some point the Lord has something better for me.

President Thomas S. Monson testified: “We are sons and daughters of a living God. … We cannot sincerely hold this conviction without experiencing a profound new sense of strength and power.”
This doctrine is so basic, so oft stated, and so instinctively simple that it can seem to be ordinary, when in reality it is among the most extraordinary knowledge we can obtain. A correct understanding of our heavenly heritage is essential to exaltation. It is foundational to comprehending the glorious plan of salvation and to nurturing faith in the Firstborn of the Father, Jesus the Christ, and in His merciful Atonement. Further, it provides continual motivation for us to make and keep our indispensable eternal covenants.

No comments:

Post a Comment