Thursday, October 13, 2016

“If Ye Had Known Me” Elder Bednar

OCTOBER 2016 | “If Ye Had Known Me”
By Elder David A. Bednar
He declared: “For I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.”We come to know the Savior as we do our best to go where He wants us to go, as we strive to say what He wants us to say, and as we become what He wants us to become. As we submissively acknowledge our total dependence upon Him, He enlarges our capacity to serve ever more effectively. Gradually, our desires align more completely with His desires, and His purposes become our purposes, such that we would “not ask that which is contrary to [His] will.”

"...that we would “not ask that which is contrary to [His] will." I was listening to this talk the other night and that phrase stood out to me. A few minutes later I got an email and little did I know I would have to exercise faith in this principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment