Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Sabbath observance from my niece


Since this is my blog I get to make up the rules. I want to include this, I stole this from my sister. She was writing about my 5 year old niece:

Family home evening last night was about sabbath day observance. When asked why we didn't shop or go to restaurants on Sunday, she answered:

It's helps us show Heavenly Father that we're happy with what we have with food and toys and that we don't need any more.

When I referenced fasting in my previous post, I thought of this. I love fasting because it gives my spirit the chance to tell my physical body you aren't the boss of me. After years of postpartum depression I can't explain how sweet that is. At the same time because of other physical limitations I've only been able to fast a handful of times in the past year. So all the more sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment