Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The first post

Since last October, I decided a new blog would be the best place for me to record scripture references and quotes from LDS General Conference that stand out in my mind. Well maybe not continue to stand out, but originally stand out, that I would like to remember.

As an older millennial I run this bizarre parallel between paper and electronic. Since I type so much faster than I write, plus I never ever look back at paper journals, I decided a blog was the best way.

Most of my religious studies happen online, or at the very least half and half, electronic did seem like the best. I actually bought a new set of scriptures last month, because I felt like I wasn't really studying the scriptures while reading them on my phone, I was more scanning in hopes I could move over to pinterest as soon as possible. But I often cross reference on my phone for ease.

At the same time I don't want to be pontifical (Moreover, when ye fast be not as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance, for they disfigure their faces that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward. 3 Ne. 13:16). Humility runs this somewhere in between secret pondering and sharing your experiences. Hence the the reason its taken me four months.

Most blog posts won't include commentary, just quotes. But since it is a public blog I felt the need to explain myself. The italics are my commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment